These are the resources I turn to again and again for insight into purpose and business.
- Your Company’s Purpose Is Not Its Vision, Mission, or Values and Thinking Clearly about Your Company's Purpose by Graham Kenny
- How great leaders inspire action by Simon Sinek (video)
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- The Story of Purpose: The Path to Creating a Brighter Brand, a Greater Company, and a Lasting Legacy by Joey Reiman
- It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business Is Driven by Purpose by Roy Spence, Jr.
- Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies by Nikos Mourkogiannis
- Passion and Purpose: Stories from the Best and Brightest Young Business Leaders by John Coleman
On professional services...
- All of David Maister's blog posts and books, especially Managing the Professional Services Firm (Amazon) andThe Trusted Advisor (Amazon)
- The blog posts at Trusted Advisor
- The blog posts and free e-books at Hinge Marketing
- Professional Services Marketing: How the Best Firms Build Premier Brands, Thriving Lead Generation Engines, and Cultures of Business Development Success by Mike Schulz and John Doerr (Amazon)
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff (Amazon) and the blog at PitchAnything.com
- Harvard Business Review